A common question for those using SMS marketing is that of how many characters are actually available. Although a single SMS message traditionally has a character limit of 140 characters, modern technology allows multiple messages to be seamlessly joined up or ‘concatenated’, giving you a much more generous 459 characters in total.
Did you know?
- SMS messaging was 1st invented in 1984
- SMS is an abbreviation for Short Message Service
- The character limit for a single SMS message is 160 characters
The most common reasons for people opting for SMS messaging are:
- Coupons, offers or deals (77%)
- Personal alerts (50%)
- More meaningful content (33%)
- No need to visit a physical location/website/app for information (31%)